Monday, March 23, 2015

An Update From Alliance, Nebraska - Spring Break Destination 2015





Since my last post I have been busy as always. I have been booking appearances, doing platform presentations, selling Miss Nebraska Program Book Advertisements, completing homework, and almost everything else you could imagine! Currently, I am at home on Spring Break. While most college students opt to travel somewhere with a beach, I decided to travel somewhere I call home, Alliance, Nebraska. Here is an update on what I have been up to!


On Saturday, March 14th I participated in my first parade as Miss Omaha, the Omaha St. Patrick's Day Parade! I rode in the back of a truck through the streets of the Old Market, waving at green-clad fans and wishing them all a Happy St. Patrick's Day. I loved when people would point at me and say "There's Miss America!" Hopefully someday that can actually be true! ;) I got to spend the special day with my sister queen, Miss Douglas County, Alyssa Howell, my best friend, Katen Thomas, and my sister, Alison Gould.



The next Monday I celebrated, arguably the best day of the year, Free Ice Cream Day! I spent my evening at the North 27th Street Dairy Queen with Miss Omaha's Outstanding Teen, Chelsea Arnold. We greeted customers and encouraged donations to the Children's Miracle Network. What is better than free ice cream and raising money for a good cause? 

I then spent the rest of the week participating in mock interview practive, going on runs with my cheer teammates, and studying hard for all of my mid-term exams. Then, at the end of the week I was on my way to Fort Collins, Colorado for one of my best friends' wedding! 

I got to attend my first bachelorette party, reconnect with old friends, and celebrate the wonderful couple, Ellie and Quincey Walls. My family joined me in Fort Collins and also in attendance  was Miss Scottsbluff County's Outstanding Teen, Grace Haggem. I could not have asked for a better start to my spring break. While in the area of Colorado State University, I got to see the beautiful campus, view the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, and see the Chi Omega - Chi Zeta chapter.

Since making it home to Alliance, Nebraska for the second time this year, I have been organizing appearances, preparing for Miss Nebraska Orientation, visiting family and friends, and can you believe it.. homework. I am in the midst of writing a research paper on Johnny Carson for my Nebraska & Great Plains History class. As far as homework can go, I am actually enjoying getting to write this paper!

Later this week I will be speaking at and judging Alliance High School Cheerleading Tryouts, visiting an elementary school, and attending Miss Nebraska Orientation. Below is your T.H.I.N.K. Before You Post tip of the week.

T.H.I.N.K. Before You Post Tip Of The Week
Privacy settings do not give social media users complete control over who sees their posts. Be careful when tagging locations on posts, as anyone searching that area can see what photos are tagged to that location. Here is a video showing just how weird it can get when tagging the location on instagram photos.

Stay tuned for more updates to come soon! It is only going to get busier and more interesting from here! :)

-Megan Gould, Miss Omaha 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment